BENEFITS OF NATURAL BABY PRODUCTS
OVER 60% OF WHAT YOU PUT ON YOUR SKIN IS ABSORBED INTO YOUR BODY? WOW – 60%!!!
Check out the ingredients at the back of your shampoo or lotion bottle. Half the words are unpronounceable. If you don’t recognize the word, or can’t pronounce it, don’t use the product. Chances are – it’s a chemical of some sorts. The product may very likely contain ingredients linked to hormone-disruption, early puberty, cancer, or other negative health effects. So, what the heck are we putting on our bodies?!
It’s one thing to use these ingredients as a grown-up on our bodies, but another thing altogether when putting it onto baby’s skin. Young skin is thinner, more delicate and more permeable than adult skin. Also, a baby’s body does not detoxify as efficiently as an adult’s, so the same chemicals can have a more drastic effect on them.
When it comes to your ‘little treasures’, you don’t want to mess around with their safety and wellbeing. Why take the chance, when there are much safer, natural baby care products available?
Keeping things simple is one of the best ways to limit your baby’s exposure. Your best bet is to seek out products that are as natural as possible, with as few ‘unknow’ ingredients listed on the container.
Products which are made naturally, containing essential oils are not only great for their calming, therapeutic benefits, but are also more effective than their synthetic counterparts.
The products in Ultra Bee’s Baby Range contain all-natural ingredient and contain absolutely NO parabens, phenoxyethanol, synthetic colour or fragrance – all of which are high irritants.
Ultra Bee Baby Range include fewer ingredients in our formulas but concentrate on sticking to ingredients which work well on a baby’s skin. You won’t find any unnecessary junk (step forward and raise your hand, mineral oil) in our baby range.
Mineral Oil is a byproduct of Petroleum refinement!
This is an oil, which is extensively used in many baby products: –
- It is used because it is cheap and easy to find
- It can clog pores and prevent skin from breathing. The molecules in mineral oil are too large to be absorbed through the pores, so it simply sits on top of the skin creating non breathable barrier.
- It’s not infusing with any beneficial nutrients, nor provides hydration to the skin.
- It hinders natural release of toxins and blocks absorption of beneficial ingredients applied to the skin
- It has been suggested that applying it to your skin repeatedly may cause various negative hormonal effects. Most skincare companies use the ‘more safer, cosmetic grade’ oil, but scientists havestill expressed concern about this particular grade.
Who would want to be rubbing this all over their baby’s little bodies?
Mineral oil (paraffin) or silicones should therefore be avoided at all costs.
When it comes to looking after a child’s skin in a conscious environment, information is key.