Transparency with regards to what goes into our products to make them this good is important to us!
Not only does it facilitate your belief in the brands, but it puts your mind at ease that there is nothing dodgy going into your skincare.
Click on an ingredient name below to reveal it’s benefits, as well as see which product it has been carefully added to.
BASE FORMULATION WITH CARRIER OILS
- Contains strong antiviral, antifungal, anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties, therefore making it extremely successful at protecting against infection.
- Contains natural sterilizing properties, which make it a fantastic natural preservative.
- This multifaceted ingredient carry’s strong antioxidant properties.
- Bee propolis is used as a preservative, a deodorant and as a skin-purifying agent.
- It encourages tissue repair and regeneration.
- The fatty acids contained in Beeswax are essential in manufacturing and repairing cell membranes, enabling cells to obtain optimum nutrition and expel harmful waste products.
- Beeswax is also rich in a variety of vitamins such as Vitamin E, which is rich in antioxidants.
- These powerful bodies fight against harmful oxides and free radicals that cause ageing and non-repairable cell damage.
- Beeswax also contains large quantities of Vitamin A, a substance crucial to cell development and repair.
- Beeswax is a highly sought-after emulsifier for cosmetic uses as it has an irritation potential of zero and a comedogenicity rating of 0 – 2, making it a natural hydrating agent which penetrates through the skin’s surface without clogging pores.
- Pollen contains many beneficial vitamins, especially Vitamin B12 and E.
- It has 22 amino acids and 27 minerals including zinc, calcium, copper, magnesium and iron.
- All these factors make Pollen an antibody that can be used to kill stubborn drug-resistant viruses.
- It claims to cure numerous complaints and ailments such as allergies, as well as healing diabetic ulcers that don’t respond to standard antibiotic treatments.
- Honey has the power to nourish, heal and preserve.
- Rich in enzymes and fatty acids.
- It is known to have strong antibiotic and antibacterial properties making it an effective anti-microbial agent.
- Honey is rich in enzymes and contains a specific enzyme known as glucose oxidize which becomes active when honey is diluted with bodily fluids, including fluids found in open wounds.
- Honey is a relatively acidic substance with a PH level of around 3.2 to 4.5, this prevents the growth of bacteria making honey a natural preservative.
- The ancient Greeks and Egyptians used honey to keep meat from spoiling and to embalm their dead.
- A natural way to heal skin and maintain skin health.
- It’s calming and moisturising properties have been known for years.
- Sunflower Oil has many medicinal and cosmetic uses and may be helpful if you are suffering from acne, eczema, inflammation, general redness and irritation of the skin.
- Sunflower Oil is a relatively lightweight oil, compared to other oils commonly used in skincare products.
- Sunflower Oil contains an extremely high amount of vitamin E. Studies have shown that vitamin E may prevent scarring, smooth the appearance of existing wrinkles and generally improve the appearance and health of your skin.
- Sunflower oil is also high in vitamins A, C and D, all of which have protective qualities.
- Studies have shown that Sunflower Oil may help in protecting prematurely born infant skin, which is more susceptible to skin infection and disease.
- Avocado Butter is a deeply penetrating oil, rich in vitamins A, B1 & B2, D & E, lecithin, proteins, as well as potassium – known as the youth mineral and more than 20% essential unsaturated fatty acids.
- The fatty acids contained are palmitic, palmitoleic, stearic, oleic, linoleic and linolenic.
- Avocado Butter is an extremely moisturising and nourishing butter, assisting in the regeneration and rejuvenation of your skin.
- It softens & heals skin tissue and is ideal for dry, ageing & mature skins that are dehydrated and undernourished.
- It contains a natural sunscreen that protects your skin. Avocado Butter is reputed to help heal sun damage and scars.
- Avocado Oil is high in Vitamin E, which is known to be a powerful antioxidant, “mopping up” free radicals, as well as being helpful in decelerating signs of ageing.
- Avocado Oils powerful antioxidant property protects circulating white blood cells, helping to keep the skin from oxidizing while it permeates through the cell wall.
- This oil is also rich in vitamins A, E and D.
- It also helps heal stretch marks, scarring, rashes and dryness. Its natural hydrating ability promotes soft and supple tissue.
- Because of its make- up it has an ability to retain water, acting as an emollient, promoting soft and supple tissue.
- Avocado Oil contains sterolins, which help to produce more skin collagen and reduces the incidence of age spots.
- Avocado Oil is rich in omega-3, which has been shown to be a highly effective protector from UV solar radiation, thus decreasing chances for sunburn and skin cancer risk.
- This nourishing oil is easily absorbed into the skin.
- It helps reduce wrinkles and fine lines, promote elasticity, helping to smooth and moisturise the skin.
- Due to the antioxidants contained within this delightful oil, it fights off free radicals, thus preventing premature ageing.
- Like coconuts themselves, Coconut Oil is rich in many proteins. These proteins keep skin healthy and rejuvenated, both internally and externally. Proteins also contribute to cellular health, as well as tissue repair.
- One of the benefits of Coconut Oil is that it does not become rancid. When you apply it to the skin, it works for longer, unlike many other oils, which become rancid. Due to these various beneficial properties, Coconut Oil is used as an important ingredient in several skincare creams.
Commercial moisturisers contain large amounts of water, which makes you feel like your skin is being moisturised but as soon as the water dries out, your skin becomes dehydrated and dry again. Also, many commercial brands contain petroleum-based ingredients, which suffocate the skin. In contrast, Coconut Oil provides deep and real moisture to your skin. It helps strengthen underlying tissue and helps remove excessive dead cells on the skin’s surface, which make your skin rough and flaky in texture. It’s also great as a natural moisturiser for your hair, giving it a wonderful shine.
- Calendula Oil packs a punch! This oil is a powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial agent, as well as an antiseptic.
- The high content of antioxidants found in Calendula Oil contributes to cell regeneration.
- Calendula is an emollient which helps to moisturise dry skin.
- Irritating rashes will also benefit from using Calendula.
- Calendula has been shown to help in the prevention of acute dermatitis.
- Calendula is excellent for healing wounds. Using Calendula increases both wound closure and protein metabolism (forming new skin).
- Calendula speeds up cell proliferation, which quickens healing.
- It also keeps wounds from hardening and forming scars.
- It’s beneficial to use for healing the perineum after childbirth.
- It helps to heal burns (including sunburn), bruises and any inflammatory disease of the skin.
- Contains antioxidants that protect your skin against ageing.
- Rich in antiseptic, antiviral and disinfectant properties.
- When externally applied, Carrot Seed Oil can cure infections on the skin and open wounds.
- It is extremely effective in curing sores, gangrene, psoriasis, ulcers, rashes, carbuncles and other similar skin problems.
- Naturally extracted Carrot Oil quickly produces a beautiful golden tan and even better, protects the skin against the damaging effects of UV rays.
- This oil contains carotenoids. Carotenoids are a class of easily assimilated antioxidants, which are present in a wide range of fruits and vegetables but most abundant in carrots. Carotenoids, when either topically applied or ingested, directly reduce the damaging effects of UV rays. Specifically, carotenoids have been found to enhance the body’s immune response to UV rays, decreasing skin damage from ultraviolet exposure.
- In addition to carotenoids, Carrot Oil contains other powerful antioxidants such as tocopherol, or vitamin E. Studies have shown that topical application of vitamin E may directly reduce many harmful effects from UV rays, enhances skin immunity and help heal sunburn.
- Carrot Oil also acts as a natural tanning enhancer, producing a visibly golden tan in a short time period.
- Carrot Seed Oil is reported to have a natural SPF of 28-40 and our Coconut Oil has a natural SPF of up to 10.
- Because Carrot Seed Oil is high in antioxidants, it’s a natural choice for any anti-ageing skin formula.
- What’s magical about Carrot Seed Oil, is its ability to rejuvenate skin. Scientists think this has something to do with “carotol,” a primary component found in Carrot Seed Oil. The oil also has moisturising vitamin E and protective vitamin C, which work together to help encourage healing and to rejuvenate skin cells and bring new life to them.
- If you have dry or oily skin, you don’t have to worry—like many natural oils, Carrot Seed Oil has the ability to balance both! It gives skin just enough moisture without clogging pores, making it perfect for all skin types.
- This oil is among the most antiseptic essential oils, with a high antioxidant rating.
- Cinnamon Essential Oil has strong analgesic properties which make it very effective for relieving pain. People suffering from arthritis and pain in the joints can be highly benefited by the use of this oil.
- Cinnamon Oil improves blood circulation; this in turn improves the tone of the skin. Use Cinnamon Oil to stimulate blood vessels and bring blood to the surface of the skin.
- Cinnamon Oil is said to improve fine lines by ‘plumping’ the skin.
- It has antioxidant properties which help in fighting signs of ageing on the skin.
- Cinnamon Oil has antiseptic properties. Bacteria will be killed, and the wound heals faster.
- Cinnamon Oil used on the skin is believed to increase collagen levels for up to six hours after it is applied.
- The oil also has astringent properties which help in reducing the excessive secretion of oil from the sebaceous glands. So, it helps in curbing the outbreak of acne and pimples.
- Evening Primrose Oil contains a high concentration of fatty acids responsible for the remarkable healing properties obtained from this oil.
- By working to dilute sebum (a thick oily substance that is over secreted in some people with acne.), the essential fatty acids in Evening Primrose Oil may reduce the risk of pores becoming clogged and lesions developing.
- Treats rosacea by reducing inflammation, controlling cells’ use of nutrients and, produces prostaglandins that stimulate the contraction of blood vessels.
- The oil extracted from Evening Primrose seeds is very gentle and can be used as a moisturiser to keep dry areas hydrated.
- It also boosts blood circulation which is helpful to treat tired skin and eyes.
- Due to its anti-inflammatory benefits, Ginger is used in massage to relieve the pain of arthritis.
- Ginger is energizing and is believed to improved circulation; it is often used in cellulite-reducing treatments.
- The analgesic and anti-inflammatory property of Ginger, are effective in reducing the pain and swelling in patients suffering from osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and general muscle discomfort.
- Helps relieve muscle and joint ache.
- It is also thought to be effective in treating varicose veins.
- Ginger Oil improves skin tone.
- Ginger’s antioxidant, gingerol, not only fights skin-damaging free radicals but also promotes smoothness and evenness in skin tone, helping to lighten age spots.
- Ginger is an anti-inflammatory, which makes it a natural acne-fighting ingredient.
- Ginger is also an antiseptic, which means it is effective in killing the bacteria that cause acne.
- This oil has an emollient effect. The main function of emollient is to preserve a good amount of water in the skin.
- A combination of vitamin E and essential fatty acids contained in Hemp Oil provides complete nutrients to maintain the good conditions of your scalp and hair, working directly on the roots of your hair. If you have a problem with dry scalp, hair or falling hair, Hemp Oil can be a good solution.
- The most useful fatty acids found in Hemp Oil are omega 3, omega 6, and omega 9. They are polyunsaturated fatty acids that can stimulate hair growth.
- Hair is mainly protein, so it needs a good supply of the nutrient in order to maintain overall strength and beauty.
- Other than essential fatty acids and vitamin E, Hemp Oil is 25% protein. Protein repairs cell damage, strengthening the hair.
- Having emollient properties, it maintains moisture and condition the hair, improving the feel and appearance of your hair.
- This oil is naturally rich in lipids and peptides creating a soft, silky, feel that has long-lasting conditioning effects on the skin.
- Jojoba balances the sebum production in all skin types – the oil which people expel to lubricate their skin and hair. It can also be used to eliminate excess sebum.
- It helps to fight facial lines, skin scarring, and fatty tissue. Steady use of Jojoba Oil can minimize fine lines and facial lines by up to 25 %.
- It is also efficient in challenging skin circumstances like acne and skin psoriasis.
- Jojoba oil reduces annoyed skin and improves the natural development of collagen.
- It also fights the symptoms of ageing like lines and wrinkles and fine lines.
- Jojoba oil has a high quantity of ceramides that handle skin cells and are accountable for the control of their hydration.
- Jojoba oil easily gets consumed into the skin and does not depart behind any oil deposits making it a highly effective barrier from moisture loss.
- It softens dry and annoying spots and regenerates the skin to a balanced condition.
- It has anti-inflammatory qualities which aid in decreasing inflammation caused by dryness and other skin problems like rosacea.
- Jojoba oil is effective on oily skin too. It is non-comedogenic, so despite the fact that it has the word oil in its name, it does not block pores.
- Jojoba oil prevents the sebum from producing more oil on its own and levels out oil generation. It keeps the skin soft and well hydrated.
- It is loaded with Vitamin E which is effective in removing free radicals, responsible for skin ageing.
- Jojoba Oil aids in regenerating the skin cells.
- Jojoba oil opens up the subjected areas and blocked pores cleaning the imperfections. With prolonged use, jojoba oil minimizes the appearance of skin pores size and manages oil release, preventing acne returning.
- With its antibacterial qualities, it can reduce skin swelling, as well as eliminating skin bacteria.
- It’s effective in curing wounds, cuts, sunburns, cold blisters, and warts.
- You can also apply it to your lips as a lip lotion. It will keep the lips sleek and chap free.
- Lavender has been highly regarded as one of the most healing essential oils on the skin.
- It has anti-viral and antibacterial properties, which can reduce the healing time for scrapes, bites, and stings.
- It may be used to cleanse cuts, bruises, and skin irritations.
- Lavender helps to stimulate the cells to regenerate more quickly.
- It balances oil production, helps even skin tone, and is beneficial for all skin types.
- The fragrance is calming, relaxing, and balancing – physically and emotionally.
- Makes an excellent rub for sprains, strains, and sore muscles.
- Lavender has also been shown to promote relaxation and sleep.
- Aids in lightening blemishes, scars and dark spots.
- Lemon oil is a good remedy for increasing the lustre of dull skin.
- It is astringent and detoxifying in nature, rejuvenating sagging or tired-looking skin.
- Its antiseptic properties help in treating pimples and various skin disorders.
- Lemon is also recommended for reducing excessive oil on the skin.
- Lemon Oil has been widely used in skincare to cleanse the skin and reduce wrinkles.
- It may also help brighten a pale, dull complexion by removing dead skin cells.
- This oil is a strong antioxidant, anti-microbial and antifungal properties, helping to prevent and treat bacterial infections on the skin.
- Lemongrass is fungicidal, which means it helps cure fungus infections on the skin.
- It acts as an astringent, which constricts the skin.
- This helps to minimize the appearance of pores, limit the secretions of oils and provide a temporary skin-firming treatment.
- Cuts or wound that are at risk of becoming infected can be protected from infections effectively by Neroli Light as it is an antiseptic.
- It is also useful for treating bacterial skin conditions and rashes, as it is anti-bacterial and keeps the body free from microbial infections.
- Neroli possesses a whole host of anti-scarring properties. This is particularly useful in “erasing” acne scars, stretch marks, and other marks caused by pox and wounds.
- The cytophylactic effects of Neroli help maintain the health of skin cells and promote the growth of new ones. This keeps the skin’s elasticity, allowing it to remain supple while reducing unsightly lines and wrinkles.
- This oil stimulates the regeneration of skin cells, speeding up healing and helps prevent ugly scars.
- Patchouli is anti-infectious, natural anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antimicrobial and antiseptic.
- This wonder oil helps with acne, eczema, dermatitis, scarring, wrinkles, soothes inflamed skin, tightens sagging skin, tissue regeneration and fades scars.
- This oil has antibacterial, antiseptic and anti‐inflammatory properties.
- Citronella Oil repels insects such as mosquitoes, black flies, fleas and ticks, therefore, preventing bites.
- Citronella Oil is a natural, non-toxic alternative to chemical insect repellents.
- You can also use Citronella Oil to treat external fungus on your skin, scalp, toes or fingers.
- Reduces wrinkles, improve moisture, and reverses signs of ageing, while toning and lifting the skin.
- This gives protection against untimely wrinkles and the loss of firmness associated with ageing.
- It makes scars from boils, acne and pox fade quickly.
- This includes the fading of stretch marks and surgery scars associated with pregnancy and delivery.
- Containing a complex array of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, Rose Essential Oil has excellent emollient properties to moisturise dry skin.
- It also offers antiseptic and astringent properties to treat acne skin, as well as anti-inflammatory properties that help treat redness and inflammation.
- Rose Geranium Oil helps to balance the secretion of sebum and clears sluggish and oily skins.
- The antiseptic and cicatrising properties make this oil an effective aid to help with burns, wounds, ulcers and other skin problems.
- This oil aids in calming fungal infections, as well as skin ailments such as acne, psoriasis, eczema and itchy skin.
- Rose Geranium cleanses oily skin and revitalizes skin cells.
- Being antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory, it eliminates or stops the growth of fungi and bacteria on wounds, keeping them from developing nasty infections.
- The essential oil of Rose Geranium acts as a natural cleanser and hydrator.
- It can help you achieve clear, glowing skin.
- This essential oil also serves as an anti-ageing agent as it tightens muscle tissues and keeps the skin from premature sagging.
- Promotes cell growth and fades unsightly scars and spots on your skin.
- Rose Geranium strength lies in the ability to revitalize tissue.
- Used by skincare specialists in restoring a balance between oily and dry skin and hair.
- This essential oil contains Omega 3,6 and 9, vitamin C, lycopene and linoleic acids. All of these elements help regenerate skin cells, minimize the signs of ageing, reduce fine lines, boosts collagen and moisturizes skin leaving it feeling soft and pampered!
- Contains Tretinoin which is the active ingredient in many dermatologist-prescribed wrinkle reducers.
- Helps to hasten skin renewal and cell regeneration.
- The face becomes firmer and smoother as signs of ageing diminish.
- Improves the appearance of scars.
- Rosehip oil also helps fade age spots and reduces uneven pigmentation.
- It corrects UV damage from the sun, reduces the appearance of scars, burns and stretch marks, treats fine lines and wrinkles and hydrates dry skin.
- It also evens skin tone and reduces pigmentation and works very well on eczema and psoriasis.
- Marjoram Oil has a warming action.
- It has good muscle relaxant properties and painkilling properties.
- This is useful in treating rheumatic pains, sprains, strains and spasms, as well as swollen joints and painful muscles.
- Excellent for arthritis, muscular cramps, spasms, aches pains and sprains.
- Orange Essential Oil is shown to promote the production of collagen, as well as increase the blood flow to the skin.
- It is helpful in soothing dry, irritated skin as well as acne-prone skin.
- It is helpful in treating swollen tissue by stimulating blood circulation.
- This oil also has many healing properties, for example curing cracked and dry skin.
- Is known to slow down the process of ageing and strengthen sensitive skin.
- The anti-carcinogenic properties in Vanilla Essential Oil helps in neutralizing free radicals, responsible for causing certain types of cancers such as prostate and colon cancer.
- Vanilla Essential Oil also helps prevent the growth of cancerous cells.
- The sweet aroma of Vanilla Essential Oil improves the mood and reduces depression.
- The pleasant and soothing flavour of vanilla can be used by everyone, ranging from toddlers to elders.
- Since it is a powerful antioxidant, a few drops of vanilla oil prevent damage to the skin cells, caused by the toxic action of pollutants.
- Treats skin conditions such as oily skin, acne and blemishes.
- Stimulates new cell growth, smooths wrinkles, stops pre-mature ageing and releases facial muscle and tension.
- On the skin, Ylang Ylang Oil has a soothing effect and its balancing action sorts out over-dry, as well as overly oily skin, by balancing the secretion of sebum.
- Zinc Oxide is a physical sun protector, which means it lies on top of the skin (as opposed to absorbing into it).
- Zinc Oxide is compared to tiny little mirrors, as it reflects sunlight, never allowing the rays to touch your skin.
- This can be a great help in preventing wrinkles and ageing since sunlight breaks down collagen and create wrinkles.
- Even better, it starts working as soon as your slather it on—and (important!) blocks the entire UV spectrum, all by itself.
- Zinc Oxide is one of the safest ingredients for protecting the skin against the harmful effects of ultraviolet (UV) rays.
- UV rays penetrate the skin and damage tissue, speeding up the ageing process and drying the skin out. These rays also increase the risk of skin cancer.
- Sunscreens containing Zinc Oxide filter out UV rays, keeping them from penetrating the skin and causing cell damage.
- Zinc Oxide is safe enough to use on infants, which proves how gentle it really is on the skin.